Sunday, August 9, 2009

July 7, 2008

Well here I am at the end of the proverbial rope. Nappi has come a long way on nothing and can't go any further. I am in the negative in both my business and personal accounts. I have been dancing with negative balances for a while now paying fees for overdraft on a weekly basis. A roommate moved in a payed me $300 in rent which went to fund my trip to California to approve the denim samples, however it wasn't enough to get home in fact it barely got me there. I finished up the approval of the new jeans with Jianna and Gilberto at the factory and had no way of getting home. I went to my grand parents house with half a tank of gas and not even enough money to get something to eat. My Grand Parents were out of town and had nothing to eat so I went hungry. The next morning I went to the beach still not knowing how I was going to get home. I had to leave that day because I had a house closing and I had to sign the paper work. A friend wanted to invest in Nappi and we had agreed that he would deposit money in my account on Thursday, it was Thursday and he wasn't answering his phone. Out of desperation I called home and borrowed $150 form my mom, but because I was in the negative when she deposited it into my account the total came to $120, but regardless I was on my way. I drove through the night and when I got to beaver Utah I had half a tank and was falling asleep so I pulled into a gas station and got a redbull but my card was declined insufficient funds. I didn't have any money for gas and half a tank was going to be close. I got to Provo 40 miles away and the gas light went on. I barley made it home and 4 days later my car still sits in the garage empty. It is a strange feeling being completely out of money, things I used to do like eat became a luxury. I went to Sunday dinner at my parents house and was laughing at my dire financial situation and no sooner had we finished dinner that my dad discreetly handed me $20 dollars I was grateful then I turned around and my mom handed me $100 we and I laughed at the timing and and their attempts to be sneaky. The Lord has always given me what I needed, but he does make me wait will the last possible minute.

I was asked by stacy with Elite to provide swim suits for a fashion show they were doing. I agreed having never made a swim suit, but I was confident that I could pull it off. So he told his assistant to cancel Roxy and Quicksilver, wow the pressure was on. I had two week till the show and no idea how to make a swim suit. Not only did I not know how to make a bikini but I had no money for material and only two weeks to make 15 bikinis and 5 suits for guys. Again I called my friend who committed money and again he didn't come through. The following day I got a call from a friend I did some work for and he gave me $180 I was expecting $90 anyway the material cost came to $160 just enough.

1 comment:

Todd Sansom said...

I'm always here for you Danny